<iframe src="//www.googletagmanager.com/ns.html?id=GTM-K3L4M3" height="0" width="0" style="display:none;visibility:hidden">

Features Australia

The elites united will never be defeated

A hundred years on, the West’s enemies are in the ascendancy

17 September 2022

9:00 AM

17 September 2022

9:00 AM

D.H. Lawrence was an English novelist, poet and essayist. He was the fourth child of a north Midlands coal miner and virtually illiterate when he started work at the age of ten. No doubt these humble beginnings shaped his later views.

Following the cessation of World War I and the ending of the Spanish Flu pandemic which claimed nearly a quarter of a million British lives, Lawrence watched with growing alarm the decadent behaviour of elites. Indeed, in the rapid industrialisation which accompanied the post-war recovery, he despaired at the tolerance shown for those traducing traditional values, when, only a short time before, together they had defended those same values in a war.

The recovery proved short-lived. By the mid-1920s it gave way to a sharply slowing economy and growing unemployment. As the economy worsened, large numbers turned to an anti-capitalist, working-class movement for salvation. This culminated in the 1926 General Strike, the largest industrial dispute in British history. With the intention of fomenting a culture war, it received strong backing from Joseph Stalin’s Communist International and ensured a revolutionary confrontation between the British working class and the Conservative government, pushing the socialist John Connolly line that, ‘Governments in capitalist society are but committees of the rich to manage the affairs of the capitalist class’.

These developments moved Lawrence to write, ‘Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grand-children are once more slaves.’

D.H. Lawrence died before the outbreak of the second world war but he lived to see Britain’s diminishing influence and Hitler’s rise. Had he been alive at war’s end, he would have concluded that despite the Allied victory, communism and fascism were never really defeated. Indeed it would take only 60 years for Marxists and Fascists to peacefully achieve what two world wars could not.

The proof is everywhere. Schools have become transmission belts for self-loathing propaganda. Teachers’ unions indoctrinate children through required-reading textbooks, anti-capitalist teachings, critical race theory and the vilification of Western society. Indoctrination has replaced informed discussion.

Degeneracy and promiscuity have become accepted as ‘normal, natural and healthy’. Pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio and TV are part of everyday life. Censorship is reserved for politically incorrect ideas and expressions.

Social religion has largely replaced Christianity. The Bible is discredited and its believers mocked for needing a ‘religious crutch’.

History is being rewritten by cancelling the past and creating ‘national myths’ for guidance rather than relying on the ‘barren intellectualism’ of science and rational thought. George Orwell’s assertion that, ‘Who controls the past controls the future’, has never been more true.

Courts have been politicised with judges weakening legislated intent with technical decisions based on human rights and victimhood.

Much of this post-war success has been prosecuted through the media. Ideological control of editorial writing, book reviews and student newspapers has been achieved. Key positions in radio, television and film are now filled with sympathetic presenters, actors and producers. Today’s mainstream and social media, along with Hollywood and the arts, are dominated by activists.

And, after 60 years of insidious cultivation, the ideological takeover of the bureaucracies is all but complete. They have become self-serving, inward-looking, collectives pursuing political agendas for which they have no popular mandate. Accountability is inversely proportionate to the size of government.

Even the military has been captured.

While Marxism has been the main driver, Australia’s socialist march now has fascist overtones. The state panders to minorities at the expense of the white majority. Corporate Australia has become increasingly subservient to the state through the enforcement of environmental, social and governance protocols. The labour market has become a legal construct.

China’s fingerprints are everywhere. Encouraged  by a complicit West, President Xi Jinping has bought, charmed and bullied his way into global institutions like the United Nations and the World Health Organisation. Australia has not escaped his attention. Many prominent Australians are on Chinese payrolls and Beijing actively funds and supports fifth columnists whose intentions are inimical to Australia’s unity and prosperity.

According to President Xi Jinping, ‘Economic globalisation (Chinese hegemony) is the trend of the times. Though countercurrents are sure to exist in a river, none could stop it from flowing to the sea.’

While President Xi may claim to be a Leninist, he actively fosters the cult of personality, promotes Han superiority, persecutes minorities, controls business and finance and belligerently projects China’s military might. Under the guise of reunification he seeks to annex Taiwan. These characteristics make him more Mussolini and Hitler than Lenin and Marx.

Xi has cultivated elites like Christiana Figueres, the former UN climate change supremo who once lauded China as a ‘constructive leader’ on climate policy. Yet it is difficult to reconcile her words with Beijing’s construction of 43 new coal-fired powers stations and its upping coal production by 300 million tonnes a year.

Beijing is equally dismissive of its World Trade Organisation obligations and, despite its appalling record, is a member of the Human Rights Council.

Xi’s fascist ally, World Economic Forum founder Klaus Schwab, along with many world leaders and billionaire elites, have seized on Covid-19 as the catalyst for ‘the re-imagining of capitalism’. They are recruiting brainwashed youths to perform the role of Hitler’s Brownshirts.

They say history rhymes and Australia’s post-war journey to the present bears stark similarities to Britain in the 1920s, right down to the pandemic. War delayed the proof of Lawrence’s prophecy but, a hundred years on, the evidence is in. The baby boomers and their children, ‘brought up easy’, have let liberty slip way beyond anything Lawrence experienced, leaving to their grandchildren ‘a society where they are once more slaves’.

Debating whether it is socialism of the right or left may become a punishable offence.

Got something to add? Join the discussion and comment below.

You might disagree with half of it, but you’ll enjoy reading all of it. Try your first month for free, then just $2 a week for the remainder of your first year.

Comments

Don't miss out

Join the conversation with other Spectator Australia readers. Subscribe to leave a comment.

Already a subscriber? Log in

Close